Book an Appointment
Precautions for Lasik Surgery
Precautions to be taken before the Surgery
- Stop wearing contact lenses at least 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Do not use any scented perfumes or deodorants on the day of surgery.
- Do not wear any eye makeup or bulky hair accessory that might interfere with your head position during the surgery.
- Take a light meal before the surgery.
Precautions to be taken after the Surgery
- Do not wash your face/eyes for at least one week.
- Wear protective glasses for 1 week.
- Do not use any type of eye makeup for 2 weeks.
What is LASIK?
Lasik surgery is performed to correct the vision and eliminate the problems that arise in near sight and far sight.
What are the basic steps of Lasik?
- Lasik is performed under topical (drops) of anaesthesia
- The process is done on both the eyes simultaneously
- The entire process is completely safe and painless
- The patient does not have to stay at the hospital and can go home immediately after the surgery.
What is the right age to get a Lasik surgery done?
- Anyone older than 21 years of age can opt for Lasik surgery.
- The number of your eyes should be stable for at least the last 6 months.
Who is an ideal candidate for Lasik?
- The person with the age of 21 or above
- Whose eye number has been stable for at least past 6 months
- Corneal thickness and curvature should be within normal limits
- Myopia – 1.00 to -15.00
- Astigmatism -1.00 to -6.00
What are the different tests which need to be done before Lasik?
- Slit lamp and dilated fundus examination
- Cycloplegic Refraction
- Corneal Topography
What are the precautions to be taken before Lasik surgery?
- Stop wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks prior to surgery
- Do not use any type of scented perfumes or deodorants on the day of surgery
- Do not wear any type of eye makeup or bulky hair accessory that might interfere with your head position during the surgery
- Take a light meal before surgery
What are the precautions to be taken after the Lasik surgery?
- Do not wash your face/eyes for at least one week
- Wear the protective glasses for 1 week
- Do not use any type of eye makeup for 2 weeks
Is Lasik procedure covered under the insurance?
Most of the insurance agencies do not cover Lasik
Talk to your doctor whether or not LASIK is right for you. You shouldn’t have surgery if you :
- If you are younger than 21 years of age
- If you are Pregnant/Breastfeeding a child
- If you are taking certain medications such as hormone pills, antidepressants
- If you have a severe dry eye